Your marketing message should resonate with your audience. It needs to grab their attention and let them know your business is the best choice to help them. So during this time, when people are facing unprecedented circumstances, it only makes sense that your business rethinks how to get customers’ attention. Here are three tips:
Times are uncertain. Many Americans are facing hardships and need some stability, comfort, or guidance. Avoid using fear as a motivator and instead, lead with positivity during a negative time. Start by reviewing your marketing message to ensure that it doesn’t come off as insensitive in the context of the current situation.
- Restaurant: We are still here for your family! All deliveries are contact-free.
- Retail: If you can’t be near those you love, send them a gift that will touch their hearts.
- Finance: As always, you can rely on us. Our commitment to our customers continues.
Now is the time to show customers your worth. Be there for them. Show competence by pivoting your service offerings if you need to. Offer your advice and expertise.
- Event Planner: We’re virtually here for you. Stay connected and bring your events online!
- Home & Auto Services: Social distancing but still here! We are open for service and ready to help.
- Entertainment: Let us take your mind off of things with our virtual event series!
Position your business for the other side.
This too shall pass, and when it does, you want to be the clear choice when your audience is ready to make a decision. Especially if you are one of the businesses ordered to close, you want to use this time to sell the future. Position your business as the expert when it matters most.
- Beauty industry: Staying home? Maintain your look longer with our beauty tips and tricks.
- Recreation: Kids going quarantine crazy? Here are some activities to keep them entertained at home!
- Gym: Stay home but stay motivated with our at-home workout series.
What do businesses have that they didn’t a month ago? Their audience’s attention. Your customers are wanting to hear from you right now. They want to know your response to COVID-19. Are you open? Have your procedures changed? Now is the time to communicate. With internet usage skyrocketing, it’s the best time to be active online– send emails, post on social platforms, run online ad campaigns. But you need to make sure your business stands out among the noise.