Great branding starts with a great logo! Here are some tips for making sure your logo is up to par with examples of logos we have designed.
1. Keep it simple. The most memorable logos are not cluttered; they are easy to see and read. Shy away from graphics that are confusing or too abstract.
2. It should look good in black and white or color. Your logo will most likely be seen in black and white at some point. Make sure your logo lends itself to be seen either way.
3. The color scheme should go well with your business. Whether bold or bright colors are used should depend on your business. The color scheme says just as much about your business as the rest of the logo.
4. It should stand the test of time. Logos that are too modern often go out of style quickly and make your business look out of date. Keep font choices simple and classic.
5. Avoid elaborate details or have a version without them. Some logos look better with a subtle gradient or shadow but you should have versions without to use for different mediums.